Let’s start with a disclaimer. Paleo and low-carb friends: this post is NOT for you. It’s a celebration of bread in all its glorious forms. Biscuits, muffins and scones…..oh my! Humans have had a love affair with bread for thousands of years. According to The History Channel – it’s the most widely consumed food in the world!
During the summer, a hot oven in the kitchen is just not appealing. But once the calendar turns over to September, it’s time to get back to baking! The aroma of fresh baked goods in the house is hard for anyone to resist.
Photo Credit: The Healthy Maven
Breads are surefire crowd pleasers, too. Having some coffee time with friends? Nothing better than a some fresh scones, biscuits or muffins to serve while you chat. Enjoying one of your favorite chili or soup recipes? Bread is a perfect partner for those hearty Autumn meals, too. In fact, I can’t think of many meals that bread doesn’t pair with nicely.
Our FitFluential community is a creative and talented bunch, and they’ve found a variety of ways to boost the nutritional value of breads and adapt them for dietary restrictions. You’ll find some gluten-free options, as well as some with that pack an extra punch of protein. Baking your own bread recipes means you control the ingredients and can serve and enjoy with confidence. Preparing a batch of muffins or biscuits in advance can help save you time throughout the week.
Without further ado – here’s the recipes! Enjoy.
- Almond Butter Banana Bread Muffins via Fit Foodie Finds
- Single-Serve Peanut Butter Muffins via Fit Foodie Finds
- Sneaky Spinach Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins via Fit Foodie Finds
- Buckwheat English Muffin Buns via Strength and Sunshine
- Pumpkin Muffins via Work Hard Play Hard
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Flax Muffins via Work Hard Play Hard
- Banana Berry Protein Muffins via Live Fit Food
- Multi-Grain Peanut Butter Banana Muffin via The Fit Fork
- Parsnip and Apple Muffins via The Fit Fork
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins via Organically Mo
- Date Pumpkin Banana Bread Muffins via FitAspire
- Apple Oat Muffins via Nutritious Eats
- Morning Glory Muffins via The Healthy Maven
- Lemon Zucchini Muffins via Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- Vegan Banana Nut Muffins via Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- The Best Ever Gluten-Free, Vegan Banana Bread via The Healthy Maven
- Coconut Lemon Poppyseed Loaf via The Healthy Maven
- Buckwheat Pumpkin Cornbread via Strength and Sunshine
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Got 2 Run 4 Me
- Pumpkin Beer Bread via Sprint2TheTable
- Herb Whole Wheat Monkey Bread via The Fit Fork
- Honey Cornbread via Moni Meals
- Garlic Cheese Bread via a Fit and Spicy Life
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread via Nutritious Eats
- Coconut Protein Bread via Live Fit Love Food
- Blueberry Banana Bread via Nosh and Nourish
- Cookie Butter Streusel Banana Bread via Ari’s Menu
- 4-Ingredient Low Carb Bread via Purely Twins
- Caramelized Onion and Rosemary Biscuits via Ari’s Menu
- Out of this World Pizza Rolls via Purely Twins
- Cauliflower Rolls via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Everything Bagel Cauliflower Rolls via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Chocolate Pumpkin Croissants via FitAspire
- Gluten-Free Orange Cranberry Scones via The Healthy Maven
- Grain-Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Cinnamon Rolls via Purely Twins
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones via via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
What do you like on your bread? Butter, peanut butter, honey, jelly or other? Fill us in.