Gigi Ashworth holds a master’s degree in Nutrition Communication and Science and a degree in Broadcast Journalism. She is also the owner of Gigi Eats Celebrities, a blog she founded to help people cope with their digestive issues and food sensitivities – two conditions she’s suffered for most of her life. Crohn’s, Celiac, Ulcerative Colitis, and a lack of a large intestine, Gigi didn’t let her conditions get her down. Instead, she used them to her advantage to help others who may be in a similar situation.
In this episode, Gigi shares her experience growing up with multiple gut-related issues and how she found a way to cope with them through dietary modifications and exercise. She discusses what it was like to eat food in foreign countries compared to what is available to Americans. She also explains how you can make positive changes to your diet without entirely sacrificing your favorite foods.'Food affects every single thing you do.' - Gigi Ashworth Click To Tweet
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When she became interested in health and fitness.
- The gut issues she suffered when she was still in her early teens.
- How she overcame these issues.
- Her opinions on doctors and traditional medicine.
- Is American food generally tainted?
- How you can improve your diet without removing your favorites.
- Gut issues that are inherited and caused by what we eat.
- If you have an unhealthy gut, you’re going to feel sick all the time.
- Don’t just go to one doctor and believe what they say. Get a second opinion or at least do your own research.
- More people have gut issues or celiac disease and they don’t even know about it because they don’t like to talk about it.
Connect with Gigi Ashworth:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.