Ever had stomach issues related to exercising? Exercise causes a change in blood flow away from the intestines and towards the muscles being trained, which can result in intestinal upset. Probiotics can help: they promote the body’s own natural intestinal flora†1 to help relieve digestive stress, keeping you active and on the go. When your digestion is running optimally, you can be, too.
Even if you’re not an athlete, taking a daily probiotic can make a noticeable impact on how you feel each day. Probiotics support a healthy immune system†2 and help get your digestive system back on track. The gut holds 70-80% of the body’s immunity cells, so a healthy gut has a powerful influence on overall health!
What are probiotics, anyway? Probiotics are live microorganisms (either yeast or bacteria) that when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit to the host. Probiotic supplements also facilitate the breakdown and absorption of nutrients,†1 carbohydrates†4 and sugars†1— helping you to get the most out of your diet.
Florastor® is the #1 probiotic worldwide;*5 it’s recommended by doctors around the world and has been improving the digestive health of adults and children for over 50 years. Florastor contains 250mg of the probiotic strain Saccharomyces boulardii lyo, a natural yeast found on the skin of the tropical fruits lychees and mangosteens.
- Appropriate for children and babies as young as two months†6
- Made with all-natural ingredients using the highest standards
- Vegetarian and gluten-free
- Florastor®Kids contains 250mg of the same probiotic yeast strain as Florastor and comes in a tutti-frutti flavored powder packet that can be dissolved in most drinks or soft foods
- Does not require refrigeration
Florastor is offering five FitFluential followers the chance to see these benefits for themselves by providing them with a 50-count bottle for free. Let Florastor know why you’d be the perfect candidate for this offer at: email@example.com.
See Official Rules here. Submission period ends 7/4/2014.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Best-selling probiotic worldwide. Available in over 100 countries. Studied and trusted since 1953.
1. Buts JP, Bernasconi P, Van Craynest MP, Maldague P, De Meyer R (1986) Response of human and rat small intestinal mucosa to oral administration of Saccharomyces boulardii. Pediatr Res 20: 192-196.
2. Martins FS, Silva AA, Vieira AT, Barbosa FH, Arantes RM, et al. (2009) Comparative study of Bifidobacterium animalis, Escherichia coli, Lactobacillus casei and Saccharomyces boulardii probiotic properties. Arch Microbiol 191: 623-630.
3. Joint FAO/WHO Working Group on Drafting Guidelines for the Evaluation of Probiotics in Food (2008) Guidelines for the Evaluation of Probiotics in Food. London Ontario, Canada: FAO/WHO.
4. Schneider SM, Girard-Pipau F, Filippi J, Hebuterne X, Moyse D, et al. (2005) Effects of Saccharomyces boulardii on fecal short-chain fatty acids and microflora in patients on long-term total enteral nutrition. World J Gastroenterol 11: 6165-6169.
5. IMS Data 2012.
6. Vandenplas Y, Brunser O, Szajewska H (2009) Saccharomyces boulardii in childhood. Eur J Pediatr 168: 253-265.