Cathe Friedrich is a recognized name in the world of workout videos. She has been at the top of this business for over 30 years and has at least 200 DVDs under her belt. She’s known to create the type of workouts even veterans in the field would find advanced but the results are always uncanny. She has legions of followers all over social media especially on YouTube where she makes use of live workout streams so even her audience across the globe can workout with her and the team.
Today, Cathe tells us her humble beginnings, how she ended up building a career on dance workouts, valuable advice to women when it comes to weight lifting, and some really good tips for moms who want to become fit again or for the very first time.
“The body, once it starts really showing signs of improvement, it needs recovery just as much it needs a push to workout.” Cathe Friedrich
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Cathe wouldn’t be here if she didn’t pursue passion over her college degree.
- Cathe’s workouts conform and adapt to the times to make sure everyone gets access to her videos.
- Women shouldn’t be afraid to lift weights. They’re not as genetically capable of bulking as men and even men have a difficult time putting on muscle.
- True fitness is achieved by doing more than cardio. You have to challenge your muscles with weight.
- Weight training allows you to build lean muscle tissue that protects you from the likes of osteoporosis and other bone diseases while also improving overall quality of life.
- When it comes to training, more is definitely not better. Rest makes up a huge part of the training process. Too much will make your body go against you. You’ll end up breaking your body and you’ll hate exercise.
- It’s when you recover that your body gets trimmer, leaner, and stronger.
- Even busy moms can find a time for fitness. Cathe says even five minutes is more than enough if you know what to do.
- Small accomplishments are better than no accomplishments at all. That five-minute workout you’ll do is still five minutes more than just sitting around. Let them add up and you’ll be more accountable towards small goals than looking at the big picture that looks intimidating.
- Cardio alone will just make you become a smaller version of yourself. Aesthetic changes require weight training.
- Make sure you work hard and recover harder.
Connect with Cathe Friedrich:
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking. We’d love it if you’d leave us a review on iTunes– it helps our show be seen by more folks who need to find their fitness!!