Have you had your superfoods today?
If you’re trying to eat healthier, your best bet is to start with superfoods, nutrient-rich foods considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. Typically plant-based (but some dairy and fish), these foods can give you more bang for your buck with every bite.
When you make superfoods your go-to dietary ingredients and snack staples, you’re ensuring better nutrition and filling up on the good stuff so you’re less hungry for empty calories. That’s a double dose of smart choices that may help with weight loss, reduced risk for disease and an overall healthier you.
Remember, variety is the spice of life and essential for a well-balanced diet, so rather than choosing your favorite one or two, incorporate a spectrum of superfoods and ingredients into your day for maximum impact and optimum health benefits. Here are some of our favorite super staples from NOW:
- NOW Real Food® Organic Hemp Seed Hearts contain your essential fatty acids including omega-3 and omega-6, as well as fiber and easily digestible protein. They can be eaten by the handful, ground into meal and used in baked goods, or as a topping (we like it on yogurt).
- NOW Real Food® Organic Chia Seeds can be added to just about anything: salads, yogurts, protein shakes, puddings, whatever you can think of. Chia seeds have no noticeable taste, their nutrition just blends into what you’re eating! Because they expand after coming into contact with liquid, they’ll help you to feel fuller longer. Chia seeds are one of the best-known plant sources of healthy fatty acids, which account for almost two-thirds of Chia’s total fatty acid make-up. They’re also a good source of fiber and protein.
- NOW Real Food® Raw Almonds, possibly the most nutrient-rich tree nut of them all, are a natural source of protein, fiber and healthy fatty acids. Almonds are super tasty to snack on as-is; you can grind them into a flour or butter; or chop up almonds to use as a topping or recipe ingredient.
- Green tea is chock full of catechins like EGCg and polyphenols which are strong free radical scavengers with cell-protecting power. Pomegranates also contain polyphenols that fight free radicals. Enjoy them together, hot or cold, in an energizing NOW Real Tea® PomeGreenate™ Tea.
- Of course not every day is an ideal day; sometimes our schedule just plain gets in the way. Fill in any nutritional gaps with the NOW® Special One Multiple with Green Superfoods. These multi-vitamins contain the green goodness of organic spirulina, chlorella and barley grass in addition to your nutritional RDA.
NOW is a family-owned company that manufactures and distributes more than 1,400 dietary supplements, natural foods, sports nutrition and personal care products: high-quality, affordable nutrition products for health-seeking customers. Enter via the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win a NOW Superfoods Prize Pack of Organic NOW Real Food® Organic Hemp Seed Hearts, NOW Real Food® Organic Chia Seeds, NOW® Special One Multiple with Green Superfoods, NOW Real Food® Raw Almonds and NOW Real Tea® PomeGreenate Tea!