Chris Heuisler is a Philadelphia native, a sub-3-hour marathoner, and the official RunWESTIN Concierge for Westin Hotels & Resorts. He is a veteran marathoner, having run in 29 states and is attempting to run one marathon in every state. Chris began coaching when he realized he wanted to help both new and competitive runners get to their best running form and keep them from making the same mistake he made. Before he became part of Westin, he was one of only 75 personal trainers across the United States to reach Tier 4 Coach status for Equinox Fitness Clubs, a significant achievement as he was in charge of coaching other coaches on best practices.
In this episode, Chris shares his story on how he became a passionate runner and his professional career. He teaches us what it means to be a runner as well as what being a runner is not. He explains why you are allowed to call yourself a runner even if you don’t run marathons, the importance of doing what you love regardless of what people think, and why you should always train for the races you signed up for.'Running does not define you; running is what refines you.' - Chris HeuislerClick To Tweet
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How and when he started pursuing a fitness lifestyle.
- What is the true definition of a runner?
- What would he change if he knew back then what he knows now?
- What it means to be consistent in your running.
- The importance of accountability when it comes to fitness.
- Who shouldn’t pick up running?
- What speed he usually runs in.
- What is the RunWESTIN program?
- One run does not make or break who you are as a runner. It’s just part of the process.
- It doesn’t matter how you start your fitness journey or what exercise you prefer to do so long as you start.
- You don’t have to run a race to be a runner.
- Always train for your races regardless of whether you’re a running veteran or a beginner. You owe it to the people who couldn’t get a spot despite their hard work.
Connect with Chris:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.