As a college student, I’m all about easy, no-fuss recipes! One day, while taking a break from studying Medical Nutrition Therapy, I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen and, I must admit, the end result was pretty phenomenal! Now, I would like to share this lovely recipe with all of you!
Black Bean Sweet Potato & Quinoa Collard Wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 -3
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 large collard leaves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 4 Tbsp. salsa
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Place diced sweet potato on baking sheet with minced garlic.
- Bake at 415 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- While sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa on medium heat as directed.
- On a separate burner, heat a non-stick frying pan. Place collard leaves over the frying pan. This will make the collard leaves soft, so they will “wrap” more efficiently. 2 minutes or so should work.
- Once sweet potato and quinoa are done cooking, combine in non-stick frying pan with black beans, olive oil, cumin and salsa. Stir on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place filling into collard leaves, wrap and serve.
- Lick yo’ fingers clean!
Other recipes you’ll love!
- Curried Mock Chicken Salad
- Pineapple-Teriyaki Tempeh Wraps
- Superfood Salad with Tempeh Gomasio
- Veggie Masala Pizza
Heather Waxman is the author of For the Love of Kale, a blog that follows her life as a vegan nutrition & journalism student and Mind Body Barre fitness instructor. Her blog follows her daily eats, sweaty workouts, and positive outlook on life.
Twitter handle: @theloveofkale
Reprinted with permission. Original post: Black Bean Sweet Potato & Quinoa Collard Wraps