Lauren Harris-Pincus is a speaker, author, nutritionist, and registered dietitian in private practice. She is also the founder of Nutrition Starring You, LLC, a company that specializes in weight management for preventing and treating diabetes. Her robust clientele includes celebrities as well as large corporations and charitable organizations. She draws her passion in fighting childhood obesity from her experience of being an obese child herself. Her plan of action mainly focuses on working with schools to improve the quality of the food and the type of fitness programs they provide children.
In this episode, Lauren shares her insights on the topics of childhood obesity and the concepts of clean eating, protein, and organic food. She explains why people should be wary of what famous people on social media tell them in regard to nutrition and why going organic isn’t as necessary for health as some may deem it to be. She also discusses the importance of protein in the morning and why she discourages excessive protein intake.
“My passion developed into not only making sure I could take care of myself, but so I could use my knowledge to help other people achieve their goals.” – Lauren Harris-Pincus
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What inspired her to live a healthy lifestyle and pursuing fitness?
- What was her transition to living a fit lifestyle like?
- Why the clean eating trend is unhealthy for the misinformed.
- Why non-organic produce is actually not as bad as people say they are.
- What inspired her to write her new breakfast book?
- Can you overdose on protein?
- Her top 3 protein-packed breakfasts.
- People today don’t even know what to think anymore when it comes to healthy eating.
- The whole ‘clean eating’ craze has made people afraid to eat.
- We don’t eat enough produce and plant-based foods as a society.
Connect with Lauren:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.