Healthy eating has become amazingly popular in the recent years, and more and more people are now realizing the importance of sticking to healthy food consumption over living their life on take-out and processed foods.
If you’re one of those obsessed with healthy eating, you may have heard of the term ‘superfood.’
Superfoods are basically just nutrient-rich and power-packed foods that you should consider getting more of in your daily meals. While there are several of those out there, if there’s one single superfood you should definitely consider getting your hands on, it is this.
Berries are extremely nutrient dense, and one of the healthiest food on the planet. Here’s why you should get more of it!
- Berries pack in a good quantity of phytochemicals that help protect the body cells from damage.
- Studies have found that just 2 servings a day of berries can help keep you mentally sharp, and individuals who regularly consumed berries were less likely to experience mental decline.
- Berries can also help prevent acid reflux and other gastrointestinal disorders. Infact they are one of the best non acid fruits to include in your everyday meals.
- Berries are sweet, which makes them one of the healthiest dessert options, especially for those who are watching their weight or are affected by diabetes.
- They’re also one of the best foods for heart health. Studies have found that a diet rich in berries can help reduce the risk of heart attacks and high blood pressure.
- Berries are also great for the digestive system since they pack in a lot of fiber.
- Their antioxidant content makes them one of the best foods that prevent and fight cancer.
- Regular consumption of berries can also protect you from mental health diseases like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Apart from berries, there are several other superfoods that deserve a mention- including more of these into your everyday meals can work wonders in boosting overall health.
From smoothies to marinades-turmeric is an extremely versatile herb that is also one of the healthiest superfoods out there. It packs in anti-inflammatory properties that have benefits for the entire body. In addition, it also helps boost mood and protects the body from the action of free radicals.
Bone broth is another excellent superfood, especially when it comes to boosting immunity and improving digestive health. It is a rich source of several nutrients which help strengthen the body and reduce the risk of many digestive disorders such as leaky gut syndrome, Crohn’s disease, acid reflux and more.
In the recent years, many fitness enthusiasts have also turned to a bone broth fast to boost their energy levels and lose weight naturally.
Chia seeds turn out to be a super source of calcium and omega-3 fatty acids, and are rich in fiber too. You can use them in your smoothies or breakfast bowls or also turn out to be a good binding agent in baked foods.
Flaxseeds are an amazing plant based source of protein and offer many benefits to the body. Apart from being an excellent source of fiber, they also contain omega 3 fatty acids, both of which are helpful for heart health. They also contain anti-inflammatory properties which again, fight free radicals and oxidative stress, thereby strengthening the heart.