To describe Dave Parsons as a running enthusiast would be an understatement. He has logged over sixteen thousand miles since 2010, ran across nineteen different states, and finished twelve marathons with three of those in the famous Boston Marathon. When he’s not running, he represents the Cap City Half Marathon and entices people of all ages to participate in their annual race.
In this episode, Dave shares the story of how he fell head over heels with running. He describes his life before he became a runner, why he eventually decided to get serious, and explains the importance of building your self-confidence to achieve your health and fitness goals. He also provides keen insight regarding the psychological aspect of training as well as tips for newbie runners, especially when it comes to footwear.
“You have to get over yourself a little bit. You cannot be afraid to ask people for help.” – Dave Parsons
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How he first got into fitness.
- How he became fascinated with running.
- Peer pressure in fitness and how we should deal with it.
- How to learn from people who are smarter than you.
- The importance of getting over being self-conscious.
- The difference a good pair of shoes can make.
- Shin splints and how it can damage your entire body.
- When should you buy new shoes?
- If you try running and love it, it could be a lifetime of fun.
- When you’re taller you don’t really think about whether you weigh much or not.
- Height can affect performance in sports.
- If you can find some way to connect with people just on a real level, they won’t mind spending a little time with you.
Connect with Dave Parsons:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.