Josh Henkin has more than twenty years of experience in the fitness industry. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Master RKC, and the founder of Ultimate Sandbag Training who promotes what he calls Dynamic Variable Resistance Training or DVRT. DVRT gives you the flexibility and versatility that fills the void in strength training. His main tool in fitness is the sandbag, which trains your body in ways conventional strength training can’t. His expertise and innovative approach to fitness has made him a favorite author in various websites and publications such as Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Bodybuilding.com, and Breaking Muscle.
In this episode, Josh Henkin explores the term mobility, what it is, and its importance when it comes to overall fitness. He provides concrete examples of what happens when you neglect mobility training and its benefits to both newbies and veteran fitness enthusiasts. He also shares tips and advice on what you can do right now to improve your own mobility.'Mobility is basically trying to connect your body more efficiently.' - @ultimatesandbagClick To Tweet
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is mobility and why is it important?
- The difference between Yoga, stretching, and mobility.
- Why mobility is a misunderstood concept.
- What does mobility do for you?
- The benefits of having an Ultimate Sandbag.
- Why people don’t realize they can fix their pains through mobility.
- Is mobility mainstream yet?
- Basic moves or exercises people could start with right away.
- Their goal in training for certifications.
- Core stability will open up the door for so many things.
- If you’re hurt, your desire to train isn’t going to be there.
- Mobility doesn’t have to be boring or stagnant.
Connect with Josh:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.