Betina Gozo is a Nike Master Trainer who approaches fitness from a holistic and long term perspective. She got started into fitness way back in high school, when she was simply someone who enjoyed dancing and joining any event related to dancing. As a dancer, she saw herself as a fit woman capable of a lot of physical activities most people find difficult. At least until her friend took her to a bootcamp class which served as a wake-up call to her actual level of fitness.
Instead of letting that experience scare her, Betina sought to take that boot camp class as a challenge. She got stronger, she knew more about what it means to be fit, and ultimately realized she wanted to make other people feel great too, so she pursued a career in personal training. She currently serves as an independent contractor for a variety of commercial modeling campaigns and a full-time personal trainer to her many clients.
Betina joins us to discuss what it means to be fit in a holistic manner. She gives insight on the importance of stretching and mobility and why mobility exercises can vastly improve your workout performance. She also dives in on why muscles get tight and why most people think Yoga and mobility are the same thing.
“Holistic training is all about just incorporating other things and not just doing the same thing every single day.” Betina Gozo
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Her muscle-string analogy on muscle tightness and stretching.
- The difference a personal trainer can do for your training.
- Is mobility defined differently from Yoga?
- Should you foam roll before or after you train and why?
- Common injuries her clients don’t see coming.
- How she teaches her clients to look at fitness from a long term perspective?
Mentioned in this episode:
- The more you train, the tighter are your muscles going to get, so you need mobility.
- Focus on loosening tight muscles rather than making loose muscles, looser.
Connect with Betina:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.