If you’ve ever thought about trying yoga, or if you’ve tried it once in the past, then you’re probably aware of how intense a yoga class can be. Unfortunately, many men – and some women – often decide that yoga “isn’t for them” after only one or two classes, or worse, before trying it at all! Today’s guest, Travis Eliot, is a powerhouse yoga instructor. He is one of the most talked about experts in the yoga community and LA Yoga Magazine calls his style “dynamic, transforming, and full of heart.”
Travis’ classes are a perfect blend of physical demand and perfectly meditative. His signature class, Holistic Yoga Flow, is taught at numerous fitness centers throughout the Santa Monica and Los Angeles region.
Travis is the creator of The Ultimate Yogi, a 12-disc DVD yoga fitness program (we are OBSESSED with this series and strongly recommend it!) the CEO of Inner Domain Media and has been featured in numerous fitness publications and media including Access Hollywood, Mantra Magazine, The Huffington Post, MSN, and many more. Additionally, he is an ambassador for Manduka yoga mats and also frequently teaches yoga workshops nationally and internationally. His primary goal is to make yoga and fitness as accessible as possible to the growing yoga audience.
On today’s show, he shares his story on how he became interested in yoga, why he is so passionate about helping others get in shape – mentally and physically – and why he believes yoga isn’t just about fitness, it’s a holistic experience.
“Regardless of what situation you are in, learn there are ways to move through the ups & downs with steadiness, balance, and equanimity.” – Travis Eliot
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How Travis got started in yoga.
- How helpful does he believe yoga and meditation are for young children?
- What does “equanimity” mean to him?
- What is the difference between achievement and fulfillment?
- Why he believes yoga and meditation practices teach you to look beyond external circumstances and how to maintain balance within.
- What is “power yoga?”
Mentioned in This Episode:
- If you don’t like yoga, don’t give up. The key is finding the style and teacher that you can resonate and connect with.
- Yoga is more than just fitness. You will notice it’s effects not only in your body, but also in your mind and in other areas of your life.
Connect with Travis:
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, be sure you head over to FitFluential Radio on iTunes and SUBSCRIBE!! You don’t want to miss future episodes! And we’d so love it if you’d leave us a review over there, it helps our show be heard by more men and women who need this free information! Thank you!