Julie Bevel knows the power of touch when it comes to using massage as a therapeutic treatment. She is the owner of Fox River Spa & Salon, specializing in Sports and Thai Massage, and is licensed to perform lymphatic drainage, myofascial, and prenatal massage. Her techniques are all geared to help clients increase their range of motion and flexibility in a soothing and relaxing manner. Her experience with over 10,000 massages makes her one of the most sought out massage therapists in the United States.
In this episode, Julie redefines the meaning of what a massage really is. She explains its many benefits for stress, muscle groups, recovery, and mobility. She also shares her wisdom with regards to which body parts people need to look into as well as some tips for those who are thinking of trying massage therapy for the first time.
“A professional body worker needs to not only have good hands, but they need to be a good communicator.” Julie Bevel
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why knowing your body’s history is a mark of a true professional massage therapist?
- How she got into the salon and spa business.
- The kind of clients she works with.
- What does mobility mean in the context of fitness?
- The science behind massage therapy.
- Why glutes need a lot of work.
- The effects of massage therapy on the libido.
- Too many people view massages as a treat instead of a treatment.
- Glute work is great, and everybody needs it. Let your therapist massage your butt.
- The theory of no pain, no gain doesn’t really apply in massage therapy.
- Massage therapy is an effective way to rid yourself of stress.
Connect with Julie:
This episode was sponsored by?
HealthIQ uses science and data to secure life insurance for health-conscious people and athletes including runners, cyclists, strength trainers, vegans, and many more. Learn how 56% of HealthIQ customers receive up to 33% in exclusive savings on their life insurance policies by visiting the HealthIQ website.
Mention the promo code: FitFluential when you speak with a HealthIQ agent to receive your free quote today!
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.