Amy Medling is a Health Coach and the founder of PCOS Diva, a company that serves as the go-to resource for everything women need to know when it comes to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Having PCOS herself, Amy knew what it was like to be a confused woman in her early teens with doctors not telling her what she needs to know regarding her condition. She has since taken it upon herself to be her own health guru and has since made sure other women won’t have to go through what she has experienced.
In this episode, Amy shares her story of what it was like to have PCOS and not have a clue on what it can do to your body. She discusses the steps she took to learn about the disease as well as the resources she used. She also shares tips on how to help cope, and possibly improve, the symptoms as well as the lifestyle of those with PCOS.
“I had to take care of myself in order to be the best for my family.” Amy Medling
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is PCOS and why should women be worried?
- Why she named her company PCOS Diva.
- The little things you can do that are acts of self-care.
- Why the birth control pill is not a good treatment for PCOS and alternative treatment options.
- The lifestyle changes that PCOS patients can make to alleviate symptoms.
- The exercise you should and should not do if you have PCOS.
- 30% of women diagnosed with PCOS or have its symptoms don’t have cysts in their ovaries.
- It’s our job as individuals to be proactive for our own health.
- Putting yourself first, especially when it comes to your health, is never selfish.
Connect with Amy:
Optimize Your Hormones!
Are you ready to get fit, feel better and have more energy than ever before? Then take the first step in your fitness journey with Fitfluential’s new partner, BodHD!
Head over to www.fitfluential.bodhd.com, click on “Member Benefits,” then BodMD Member Pricing, then “Female Hormone Optimization” or “Male Testosterone Optimization.” Watch the short video and sign up to get your bloodwork done. You’ll be on your way to getting a customized bio-identical hormone replacement treatment delivered to your home!
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.