Podcast Interview With Todd Durkin.
Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! Today, Kelly had the amazing opportunity to interview internationally recognized speed and conditioning coach, personal trainer, and motivational worker, Todd Durkin. Todd is the founder of Fitness Quest 10, a world-class workout facility in San Diego that provides the complete gamut of health, fitness, and wellness services including personal training, strength conditioning, therapeutic massages, as well as offering chiropractic and physical training programs, Pilates, yoga, and nutrition.
Todd has worked with a number of high-profile clients such as NFL MVP’s, Superbowl champions like Drew Brees, Heismann Trophy winners and Olympic and X-Games athletes as well as everyone from children and teens to young and older adults. His gym was named one of the top 10 gyms in America by Men’s Health Magazine and Women’s Health Magazine numerous times over the last five years, and he is an established author in the health, wellness, and fitness sector. He has appeared on numerous television shows and featured in several publications including ESPN, 60-Minutes, the NFL Network, USA Today, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, ESPN Magazine, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and many others. Today, he joins Kelly on the show to share his journey, discuss the importance of “getting your mindset right,” as well as talk about his newest book that will be hitting the shelves of bookstores across the country on October 11.
“Everyone is stronger than they think. Step outside the box sometimes; you may surprise yourself.” Todd Durkin
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How Todd describes himself and the work that he does.
- How he turned a setback in his life into a passionate career and successful business.
- Why he believes the hardest thing to do is to ask yourself “How can I change?”
- What he believes makes him different as a coach and trainer.
- What it was like for him to compete on the NBC show Strong and how he made it onto the show?
- Who inspires him?
- Why he believes that “you are the sum total of the people you surround yourself with.”
- The myth-understanding revolving around cardio vs weight training.
- The myth-understanding revolving around the calories in vs calories out mentality.
- The myth-understanding about not including fat into your daily diet.
- His 10 Forms of Wealth Wheel
- His new book: The Wow Book: 52 Ways to Motivate Your Mind, Inspire Your Soul, and Create Impact in Your Life.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Todd Durkin’s YouTube Channel
- Dose of Durkin website
- Todd’s newest book ? The Wow Book: 52 Ways to Motivate Your Mind, Inspire Your Soul, and Create WOW in Your Life.
“You have to heal from the inside out.” Todd Durkin
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Remember our disclaimer: The materials and content discussed within this podcast are the opinions of Kevin Cottrell, Kelly Olexa and/or the guests interviewed. This information is intended as general information only for listeners of the podcast. Listeners should always seek professional advice, and the content and opinions expressed on the podcast should never be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.