Shawn Wells is the Chief Science Officer and SVP of Compliance, R&D, Supply Chain, and Quality Control at BioTRUST Nutrition, a premium natural nutrition brand that commits itself to excellence, integrity and giving back. On top of representing BioTRUST Nutrition, Shawn is also an Advisory Board Member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition and is recognized as “The World’s Greatest Formulator” due to his vast knowledge about supplementation and biohacking.
In this episode, Shawn discusses what supplementation is about and who it is for. He explains the various reasons why people today need to supplement and why there are people who should supplement more than others. He also shares his techniques when vetting supplements as well as provide tips on what supplements to get started on.
“A supplement can’t have a zillion ingredients and have efficacious doses of all these things. It’s not going to happen.” – Shawn Wells
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When he became interested in living a fit lifestyle.
- What he says to people who think supplements are nonsense.
- The most studied supplement available.
- How many studies should we conduct on a supplement?
- What you should look for in a supplement.
- How to read ingredient labels.
- Where to buy good supplements.
- His tips on buying protein supplements.
- The “starter kit” supplements he recommends.
- If the product has thirty ingredients in it and you’re taking one or two capsules, it doesn’t make sense.
- Most supplements that “don’t work” are due to users not knowing what to look for in a product.
Connect with Shawn Wells:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.