Courtney Bentley inspires women to live fit, fierce, and fabulous lifestyles. Suffering from an eating disorder as a young girl, Courtney understands self-hate and self-loath. She desires to help and empower other women to overcome their limiting beliefs by being a recurring contributor at CBS Channel 8 Las Vegas NOW and working with companies like eHow.com, Lorna Jane, and West Elm. She also offers programs and hosts the podcast Fit Fierce and Fabulous, with the latter ranking first on the iTunes charts.
Courtney joins me today to share how to start the work within so you can embrace and appreciate who you are. She shares her definition of self-hate and her journey of learning to love herself, how to start building your self-confidence, and how to discover your purpose.
'You got to own your value. You got to own your worth. You got to stand in the mind frame that 'I am enough.'' - Courtney BentleyClick To Tweet
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When she realized she was unhealthy and unwell
- What led her to lead a healthy lifestyle
- When she found the fitness diet and routine that works for her
- What she did to stay thin
- What to do when someone compliments you
- Monumental moments in her life that shifted her perspective
- Confidence versus cockiness
- What helped her be confident today
- The first step for women to take to change the way they talk to themselves
- Be a receiver and a giver of compliments.
- There’s nothing wrong with aspiring to be a better version of yourself
- Look at yourself in the mirror, eye to eye, and tell yourself how much you love yourself.
- Take 20 minutes, light a candle, make yourself a cup of tea and write a “letter of awesome.”
- Whoever it is that you look up to, make sure they all have self-awareness and self-confidence.
Connect with Courtney Bentley:
This episode was sponsored by?
HealthIQ uses science and data to secure life insurance for health-conscious people and athletes including runners, cyclists, strength trainers, vegans, and many more. Learn how 56% of HealthIQ customers receive up to 33% in exclusive savings on their life insurance policies by visiting the HealthIQ website.
Mention the promo code: FitFluential when you speak with a HealthIQ agent to receive your free quote today!
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.