Katrina Pilkington is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, and a busy mother. She is the owner of Fitty Kat, a website that serves as her personal outlet on all things related to fitness, nutrition, and everything in between.
On today’s episode, Katrina describes the moments in her life that encouraged her find her fitness. She shares what her life was like before she started her fitness journey, her motivation to pursue a career in the fitness industry, and how she finds her work-life balance as a mother and fitness instructor. She also explains why many fad diets fail and why she believes losing weight is overrated.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Her definition of a “fad” diet.
- How fast should you lose weight to keep it off for long-term?
- Why muscle is much more dense than fat.
- The common problem her clients face.
- What she recommends to beginners and casual dieters.
- Why a cheat day is sometimes necessary.
- A lot of people stress over losing weight, but that stress promotes weight gain.
- Everyone wants a quick fix. It’s ingrained in our everyday life and diets aren’t out of the equation.
- If it took a mother 9 months to gain her baby weight, you have to give her 9 months to lose it.
Connect with Katrina Pilkington:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.