Our incredibly inspiring guest today is Malik Yoba. Malik is a successful actor, musician, educator, inspirational speaker, author, director, producer, activist, and entrepreneur. Since his younger years, Malik has strongly believed that he has a social and personal responsibility to helping others. This belief has lead him through a life of volunteerism, community activism, service, and entrepreneurship.
In 2013, Malik co-founded Iconic32 – a marketing firm specializing in content strategy, business development strategy and branding, and experiential marketing. He has been recognized or worked with numerous familiar faces and organizations including former president Bill Clinton, the United States Congress, the mayor of New York City, the NYPD, Unicef, McDonald’s Black Achievers, Hail House, and many others. Malik has been accredited in over 30 movies including Blue in the Face, Cool Runnings, and SoulFood, is a veteran of 13 cable network television shows including Alphas, and is currently working on the ABC series Designated Survivor.
“You have to look at the beginning so you can understand the DNA that has built the space you find yourself in.” – Malik Yoba
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What sparked his interest in the health, fitness, and wellness sector.
- Is working out for him a means of enjoyment or a “means to an end?”
- How does he mix up his workout routine?
- What has been his experience in spinning classes and how does he believe it differs from SoulCycling.
- What does he do to find healthy food alternatives while on the location of a movie or television set?
- How he feels about his health and fitness level now, and in the future, compared to how he felt when he was 30 years old?
- Why he’s so passionate about introspection and self-examination.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- If you feel like you were at your bet when you were younger – there’s something wrong.
- Introspection and self-examination are just as important as eating well, sleeping, exercising, managing finances, praying and spiritual growth.
Connect with Malik:
- Iconic32 on Instagram
- Iconic32 on Twitter
- Iconic32 on Facebook
- Iconic32 on Tumblr
- Iconic32 Sports Lab (a 501c3 foundation)
Like what you listened to?
If you liked what you listened to in this episode, be sure to head on over to FitFluential Radio on iTunes and SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a thing! We’ve got more great shows coming up. If you have a couple minutes, we’d so love it if you’d leave us a review on iTunes as well- it helps our show be heard by more men and women that could benefit from this free information! Thank you so much!