On today’s episode, Kelly chats with nationally recognized celebrity fitness and nutrition expert Obi Obadike – debunking myths and misconceptions around health and fitness supplements, dieting and carbs, working out, and staying motivated in your fitness program.
Obi is a current television co-host of the award-winning, nationally syndicated health and lifestyle series, Lifestyle Magazine, which airs on numerous television networks such as TBH, The Hope Channel, and The Family Channel – among many others. Additionally, in 2015, he was the co-host and co-judge of the fitness and reality competition show called Sweat, Inc. on SpikeTV.
Obi is named as one of the most published fitness experts in the industry over the last 8 years, having published over 100 fitness and nutrition articles. He has been featured on countless mainstream magazine covers such as Women’s Health, Shape Magazine, Muscle & Performance, Men’s Fitness, and many more. Obi has worked with countless celebrities to help them get back into shape, feeling energetic, motivated, and confident through his techniques, including actor Morris Chestnut.
“Good health and fitness doesn’t happen overnight.” – Obi Obadike
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Who is Obi Obadike and how did he find his passion for fitness and health?
- The misleading information and misconceptions surrounding supplement usage.
- The reduction of interest in bodybuilding competitions in mainstream audiences.
- Why Obi decided to disassociate himself from the “unnatural” bodybuilding industry and focus on mainstream/natural approaches instead?
- Why he is so passionate about building muscle naturally.
- The new book he is co-authoring with Morris Chestnut and the story behind it.
- Why he hates the word “diet.”
- Why the nutrition program outlined in the book doesn’t restrict macronutrients.
- His take on carb and fat restrictions in your diet vs portion control.
- Why he believes you can eat healthy 4-5 days per week, “cheat” once on Saturday and once on Sunday, and still lose weight.
- How he handles people that say “It’s easier for celebrities to see results.”
- How he stays motivated to stay in shape.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Obi Obadike’s website
- The Cut: Lose Up to 10 Pounts in 10 Days and Sculpt Your Best Body by Morris Chestnut and Obi Obadike (Pre-order your copy today!)
There’s not a supplement out there that can get you ripped by itself. Supplements are meant to assist what you are already doing.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking. We’d love it if you enjoy the show– take a couple minutes to leave a review!! It helps us spread the (free) word to help others find their fitness!