FFR094 Stop the Negative Self-Talk. How Changing the Way We View Ourselves Can Change Our Bodies and Also Our LIVES. Fit Bottomed Girls REAL TALK with Jennipher Walters and Kristin Seymour of Fit Bottomed Girls
Jennipher Walters and Kristen Seymour are the owners of Fit Bottomed Girls, a body positive company that strives to let both men and women know they are more than what the number on the scale says about them. Jennipher is an ACE-certified personal trainer and health coach and has written numerous online publications, championing self-love and positive thinking. Kristen is a triathlete, a USAT Level 1 triathlon coach, and a certified TRX instructor. Both women were named as one of The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness by Greatist in 2016 and 2017.
On today’s episode, Jenn and Kristen share their experience growing up as women with insecurities about their weight and how they used their struggles to empower themselves. They describe how their life was like before they found their fitness, the moments in their life that inspired them to change, and how they eventually founded their company. They also provide advice to those who are uncomfortable in their own skin and why the weight scale shouldn’t make up a large part of your life.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What made them pursue a fitness lifestyle?
- How they changed their lives for the better.
- How they plan on helping women embrace their own bodies.
- The line between healthy eating and an eating disorder.
- What should we feed ourselves emotionally every day?
- Their thoughts on weighing yourself.
- Their advice to those struggling with self-love and insecurities.
- The number on the scale should not impact how you live your life.
- We have a responsibility to pay attention to how we’re raising our kids.
- Don’t cover yourself in shame. Don’t struggle with your own body alone.
- Fitness should not be a struggle, but an interesting journey.
Connect with Jennipher Walters and Kristin Seymour:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.