I know, I know… summer isn’t over. But can you blame me for being excited about fall?!
Whenever this time of year rolls around, it’s almost mind-blowing how tastes and flavor preferences change. With good reason – when the temperature dips down below 60 degrees, only certain foods and flavors will do. It’s all about warm, chewy baked goods; smoky, spicy chili, and roasting s’mores over the fire on a cool, crisp night. I’m painting quite the idyllic scene here, but before I get too carried away in this daydream, we must prepare.
Our favorite fall foods aren’t going to make themselves, so it’s time to stock up on fall cooking essentials to create your delicious masterpieces! Here are our top 10 kitchen staples for the upcoming season.
- 100% pumpkin. Ditch the sugary pumpkin pie filling and go for the real deal.
- Unsweetened dried cranberries. Again, who needs all that added sugar?
- Baking spice. Y’all know you need that nutmeg.
- Dried beans. Black, white, red, yellow. All of the above.
- Cacao nibs. Chocolate chips who? Cacao nibs are where it’s AT.
- Applesauce. Yes, seriously! Sweeten up any recipe with this natural alternative.
- Coconut milk. Make your favorite recipe dairy free.
- Zucchini. Shred it and dump it into your favorite brownie recipe.
- Nuts. Mix them into baked goods or sprinkle them on top of a festive salad.
- Oats. Another healthier way to spruce up your baked goods with a whole grain twist.
If you’re wondering what to make, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered there too.