Leah Segedie is a food activist who spearheaded the non-GMO movement. She organizes social media events to helps spread information about the food supply, issues impacting public health, the big corporations who are slowly joining their side, and the corporations who are still stubborn.
Today, Leah tells us her passion for her movement, why she thinks Millennials are the perfect audience when it comes to food activism, and why she thinks this movement and shifting of marketing perspective all boils down to money.
“If you give your money to something you enjoy and passionate about, that’s the future you’re creating.” Leah Segedie
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When you are motivated by a bigger picture, you’re more likely to have a better and long-term success.
- You go to have those kind of big picture understandings of the world to see when you throw down and you let things slide; what is important and what is not important.
- Forging strong relationships with people is necessary to help get through the tough times.
- Leah’s movement is not about taking companies down but about changing the grocery aisle. She envisions a world where a clueless mother will be picking healthy food items for her kids by default.
- She insists companies will go where people are headed and the trend is towards organic and non-GMO goods. If companies can find profit in that area, they will have a marketing shift. It’s all about where the money is for them.
- As her movement progresses, the future is healthier for children today and for years to come.
- Millennials are centered on what’s important to them and they purchase things based on that. They are much more open minded and if they consider buying healthier food, expect big corporations to follow for decades to come.
- Today is the age where anybody with a great idea can win out over a corporation with billions of dollars of resources.
Connect with Leah Segedie:
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.