Devon Moretti wants you to eat, lift, live, and love yourself. She is a personal trainer who teaches her students female empowerment and confidence in their body even before they reach their fitness goals. She advocates feeling comfortable in your own skin or weight – regardless of how it currently looks. She provides personalized programs for clients who want to work with her as well as those who want to work on their own. When she’s not helping women get stronger and fitter, she also works as a model for hire.
Today, Devon shares her story and how she struggled with her health and fitness growing up. She cites her own life story as an example of how any woman can change themselves for the better as well as the steps necessary to enact change. She explains the importance of self-love outside the realms of fitness and why it’s important not to force yourself to be something you know you’re not. She also shares her insight with regards to the current body-acceptance trend and how we can still improve on it as a society.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How her parents raised her and how she got into fitness.
- The moment that made her realize she needed to change.
- How she felt every day when she still had an eating disorder.
- Why being too strict about your fitness is mentally damaging.
- Her binge-triggers and how she recovered from it.
- Why she stopped doing cardio.
- Her thoughts on body type trends and acceptance.
- When you find what makes you happy, it’s a million times easier to stick to it.
- Stressing over your health and fitness is still stress.
- We’re relying too much on other people’s external validations.
Connect with Devon Moretti:
Take Back Control Over Your Health Journey!
If you’re ready to take control over your health, get the gift that keeps on giving by joining our NEW VIP FitFluential Membership program!
If you’re ready to dive deep into current wellness topics, gain access and ask questions to some of the leading experts and practitioners in the health industry, participate in exclusive live fitness trainings and receive delicious recipes that will help you reclaim your health while enjoying foods you love, head over to the FitFluential website to start your journey toward better health.
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.