Dan Solomon is an industry leader in the world of professional bodybuilding media. He is the CEO of Digital Muscle, a fitness media hub that combines webcast programming and broadcasting that features handpicked fitness leaders and celebrities. He’s known for hosting several professional bodybuilding events such as Mr. Olympia, The Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic, and the Olympia Press Conference. He’s also the host of the bodybuilding world’s longest running radio show called the “Pro Bodybuilding Weekly.”
Dan joins us today to give us an idea on what goes on inside the head of a professional bodybuilder and what life is like for them compared to those who lift for fun. He also explains why joining a competition should be in every fitness enthusiasts’ bucket list.
“Get out there and give it a try because more times than not, it will change you in an incredibly positive way.” Dan Solomon
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What he tells people who want to get started on becoming a professional bodybuilder.
- How competing professionally promotes accountability
- The daunting task of preparing your body for a competition
- The type of information can you get from the NPC news website?
- Why women shouldn’t worry about putting on muscle.
- What is the IFBB and what is a pro card?
- What to expect from the Mr Olympia 2017 competition?
- Competing in professional bodybuilding is not easy and there are few that require more sacrifice, but there are also few that are as rewarding.
Mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Dan:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.