Dr. Renee Matthews is passionate about educating others regarding asthma, a condition she personally suffers. She has appeared on numerous TV shows such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, WGN-TV’s People to People, and Roland Martin’s NewsOne Now. Additionally, she is a contributing author for Ebony Magazine, where she contributes to topics regarding asthma, health, and wellness. As an asthma sufferer, she passionately promotes asthma education by addressing concerns while supplying asthma sufferers with the tools, resources, and knowledge to achieve optimal health. For her efforts, she has received numerous prestigious awards, including the Friend of Mobile C.A.R.E. Award.
Today, Dr. Renee joins me to discuss what life is like for someone with asthma. She explains the difference between mild and severe asthma, their corresponding triggers, and how the condition impacts a person’s lifestyle. She also describes her fitness journey and how it helped her cope with her asthma condition.
You’re really in a bad way if you can’t walk to the bathroom without pain.” – Dr. Renee Matthews
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How her fitness journey started.
- How does she cope with her severe asthma?
- Is asthma inherited or something you develop?
- How her asthma affected her life and career.
- How asthma affects your quality of sleep.
- Her fitness routine and how it impacted her life.
- Some forms of asthma are mild, but other times it can be life-threatening, especially during allergic reactions.
- When you have a track record of your progress, it could be a great baseline measuring tool.
- It is not just how much you weigh or what clothes fit you, but what you feel.
Connect with Dr. Renee:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every week we bring you actionable insights, demystified truths, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.