Dr. Izabella Wentz is a pharmacist with a passion to spreading awareness of lifestyle interventions as well as the root causes of thyroid diseases. She is the author of The New York Times bestselling books “Hashimoto’s Protocol” and “Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.”
Dr. Izabella just published this ne book with over 125 recipes: Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology. We obviously strongly recommend it!
Interestingly, she was never really interested in the thyroid gland in school or even after graduation.
It wasn’t until Izabella was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s herself in 2009 — after 10 years of confusing symptoms — that she decided to try to find ways to treat her disease. She never wanted to give up and just let the disease take control of her life, that there had to be a way to make herself feel better.
In today’s episode, Izabella tells us all about what Hashimoto’s disease is, the usual prescriptions that don’t really work, and the type of interventions she recommends to her patients.
“Whether we’re 25, 35, or 65, we shouldn’t feel horrible. We shouldn’t feel exhausted.” – Dr. Izabella Wentz
[clickToTweet tweet=”‘Whether we’re 25, 35 or 65, we shouldn’t feel horrible.’ @drizabellawentz” quote=”‘Whether we’re 25, 35 or 65, we shouldn’t feel horrible.’ @drizabellawentz”]
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How she started her journey into better health and fitness.
- How her life was before she found out she had Hashimoto’s.
- The usual drugs prescribed that only offer band aid solutions.
- Why she doesn’t recommend working with an endocrinologist when you have Hashimoto’s.
- Does she have patients who are able to solve their thyroid issues without a synthetic hormone?
- When should we take thyroid hormones?
- Why is Hashimoto’s so common? What is it that really causes Hashimoto’s?
- Will you always have Hashimoto’s once you’re diagnosed?
- Is Hashimoto’s more prevalent in the US and Western culture than other countries?
- It’s easier to prevent damage to the thyroid gland than to regrow a thyroid.
- The ones that heal and thrive are the ones who take charge of their own health.
- We should have an open mind in figuring out what’s best for your body.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and Hashimoto’s Protocol books by Dr. Izabella Wentz
- The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Ulta Lab Tests
Connect with Izabella:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insights, demystified truths, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a thing, and if you get a moment, please leave us a REVIEW on iTunes. It helps our show be heard by more men and women who NEED to hear this valuable information!
Visit our website or email us at email@example.com today.