Brandon Godsey is the founder of My Simple Changes, a company that aims to build a community where people who suffer from various autoimmune disorders such as Crohn’s disease, inflammation, and other illnesses can come together and help each other. He established this company with the hopes of giving answers to those who are confused about their health.
Brandon himself went through the autoimmune disorder version of hell with Crohn’s disease, struggled with pills that weakened his body, and ended up having eighteen inches of his intestines cut out in the process. It was when he survived the shingles, a disease that usually happens during the later stages of life, that he decided to call it quits and find his way back to health.
In this episode, Brandon shares his struggles with Crohn’s disease and how he eventually turned it around and founded his company. He talks about the knowledge he acquired through experience and self-learning and the kind of lifestyle changes he implemented. He also shares tips and strategies on how you can avoid inflammation and autoimmune diseases.'When the voice becomes loud enough, the change happens.' - Brandon GodseyClick To Tweet
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What he says to those who say being healthy means not enjoying life.
- Why educating yourself can improve the way you want to change your life.
- What is autoimmune disease?
- How do you define inflammation and how do you know if you have it
- How do you avoid going back to eating unhealthy food?
- The tests he recommends to avoid inflammation.
- Simple changes he recommends to someone just starting.
- It’s important to realize this is a long process of changing one thing at a time to build a sustainable, long-term healthy lifestyle.
- As you get healthier, you become more sensitive to what will harm your body.
- Chronic, Low Grade Inflammation is the Basis for Obesity, Premature Aging, and Literally Every Single Disease with Lyn Genet Recitas
- Beetnik Foods
Connect with Brandon:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.