Dr. Lane Sebring is known as the Paleo Doctor. He is considered an expert in the ketogenic lifestyle, ketosis, anti-aging medicine, and personalized and holistic medical treatment. Dr. Sebring has been practicing medicine in Wimberley, Texas for over 18 years. He is the founding physician of the Sebring Clinic and the primary developer of the Paleo Pharmacy.
He is also known as the first physician to base his entire medical practice around the concept of the Paleo diet. He says he moved in the “Paleo” direction because he disapproves of the way industrial medicine was designed to “treat symptoms of the herd,” and not the causal-based problems of the individual.
Dr. Sebring joins me to share what the ketogenic diet can do for the human body, why he thinks the ketogenic diet complements the Paleo diet, and why being in ketosis is one of the best things you can do for your body.
“Ketones are a magnificent fuel that’s far superior to anything you can find around you to eat.” Dr. Lane Sebring
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The link between osteoporosis, height, human health, and grains.
- Can the Paleo diet reverse “permanent” diseases?
- How long has the concept of the paleo diet been around?
- How does Dr. Sebring define the ketogenic diet?
- How does ketosis work?
- Who are the “Hunter-Gatherers” and were they often in ketosis?
- Why are ketones called the “Missing Piece to Paleo?”
- What are exogenous ketones and what they can do for you?
- Grains aren’t really food for anything on the planet. Grains don’t want to be eaten.
- We aren’t as healthy as we’re supposed to be.
- A calorie isn’t simply “just a calorie,” but it still counts.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability book by Lierre Keith
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Loren Cordain
- Prüvit Exogenous Ketones
Connect with Dr. Lane Sebring:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.