Running, walking and cycling are all great for you, and now these activities can be great for someone else, too.
During the month of September, we are joining Alex’s Million Mile – Run.Walk.Ride. to raise money for the treatment of childhood cancer. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has been at the forefront of raising money and awareness of childhood cancer causes, and now they’ve come up with an incredibly easy way for you to get involved – and all your fitness buddies, too!
Alex’s Million Mile is a month-long event where you walk, run or ride miles. As September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, there’s no better time to get involved. The miles you run, walk, or ride translate into raising money! To learn more about the initiative, read about Alex’s Million Mile – Run.Walk.Ride.
“This sounds like such an awesome idea! How do I get involved?”
We are so glad you asked! There are many ways to get involved in Alex’s Million Mile – Run.Walk.Ride. Here’s how!
- Start your own team
- All you have to do is register and start running! Or walking, or riding- any way you can move, that’s what you do. It can be a combination of everything or just pick one- either way, you’ll be raising money for a very worthy cause. Ask people to sponsor you by mile, or receive donations to your own page. Registration is totally free!
- Join our team!
- That’s right, FitFluential is in the running (literally)! We’ve got our team ready to go, and we’re inviting you to join us. It’s super easy, it’s free, and all it requires is for you to walk, run, or ride those miles!
- Donate to the FitFluential team
- Not up for running and logging your miles? You can still do some good! Simply donate to the cause or pledge per mile. All of the proceeds go to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation!
- Spread the word
- Let’s give ’em something to talk about. Share about Alex’s Million Mile – Run.Walk.Ride. on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat – there are no shortage of options! Use hashtags #FFLemonade so we can see your posts! Follow along with #FFAsWalk to see how our FitFluential Ambassadors are involved.
- Host a Victory Lap
- To cap it all off on September 30, we’re going to celebrate how many miles we’ve run by…. running another mile! The Victory Lap is our final push to fundraise and bring awareness. If you are unable to host an event, you can still attend one! Find a Victory Lap in your area.
Are you ready to run? Tracking miles begins on September 1st, so get ready! We’ll be logging our miles over here at team FitFluential, and we can’t wait to do what we can for this amazing cause.
Will you join us?