Sponsored by Blendtec
Broccoli and kale get all the attention, but cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse too!
Like all vegetables, you can enjoy cauliflower with abandon as it’s full of vitamins but super low in calories. One cup of raw cauliflower is an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin C and works to fight inflammation, providing cardiovascular benefits. Cauliflower contains over 9 grams of fiber for every 100 calories, which supports digestive systems, and studies show that a component found in this cruciferous vegetable can help protect the lining of your stomach.
Cauliflower is usually found cut up on a party platter with other sturdy vegetables, but it’s capable of being so much more than a crunchy dip-delivery system. If you’ve got a picky eater in your house, you can start by processing your cauliflower in the Designer 725 from Blendtec; its 3.8 peak horsepower motor and SmartBlend technology will make it perfectly creamy and ready to sneak a nutritional boost into your favorite recipes. No need for a separate mixer, or food processor! One kitchen appliance that does the job of three? That’s what we call living the dream.
And now, onto the food!
collage photo credit: Lexis Clean Kitchen, Nosh and Nourish, Clean Eating Veggie Girl
6 Sneaky Ways to Eat Cauliflower
1. Disguised as breadsticks! – Cauliflower Quinoa Breadsticks from Nosh and Nourish
2. Cleverly disguised as rice – Tomato Basil Cauliflower Rice from Strength and Sunshine
3. Disguised as a Buffalo “Chicken” Sandwich from Clean Eating Veggie Girl
4. Going Incognito as a pizza crust – recipe by Sprint 2 The Table
5. Undercover Cauliflower – Try this Cauliflower Mash – Just like Mashed potatoes. Video demo by Badass Fitness
6. Hidden in “Everything Bagel” Rolls from Lexis Clean Kitchen