Packing a bag and driving to the gym? Sometimes you just can’t even.
We get it. And we’ve got you covered!
Working out at home is every bit as effective as going to the gym. With little to no equipment, you can work on strengthening all your major muscle groups and improving your cardiovascular health.
The only limit is your imagination, so we’ve rounded up some home workout inspiration for you to use when planning out this week’s fitness routine. The equipment called for in many of these workouts will consist of a set of dumbells, a resistance band or a kettlebell. Also included are exercises you can do with a stability ball.
You’ll find a variety of bodyweight exercises as well, that require no equipment at all. For example— planks, pushups and squats. Whichever workout you decide to do first— we recommend some musical motivation to get you going. Here’s a pump up playlist with some tunes we love for workouts.
A few things before you get started: modify movements to adapt to your current fitness level, make sure you have plenty of water on hand to stay hydrated, and work at your own pace. You may not be able to complete all the sets the first time through. Remember— the only competition is YOU!
Finally— talk to your doctor to ensure that you’re healthy enough to perform the exercises in this or any workout. More on that here.
Ready? Here we go!
27 At Home Workouts
1. Beginner friendly Pilates Abs workout from FitFluential
3. Living Room Bodyweight Workout (do it while you watch the game!) from Run Pretty
4. Morning Workout from FitFluential
5. Total Body Barre Workout from Suzanne Bowen
6. Flat Abs workout from FitFluential
7. 20 Minute Heart Pumping Workout from FitFluential
8. Working Balance into Strength Training with Cotter Crunch
9. Commercial Break Workout from FitFluential
10. 15 Minute Stroller Workout from Momsanity
13. There are all kinds of workouts on this “work it out” page from Peanut Butter Fingers. (Seriously. Tons.)
14. 45 Minute Bodyweight Strength Circuit Workout + Cardio Tabata from Fit Foodie Finds
15. Full Body Home Barre Workout from Suzanne Bowen
18., 19. & 20. 3 days of workouts to take you through the weekend from Enjoying the Course
27. FitFluential WOD (all you need is a jump rope for the double unders to complete this workout)
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for daily Fitspo!
Heading outside? Try this park bench circuit from Jessica Gouthro!