Superfoods are considered the most nutrient dense foods on Earth. They are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Adding superfoods into your diet can help reduce the risk of disease and promote brain health, and better your immune system. The best part is— superfoods are easily accessible and there is a large variety to choose from. These are foods that do MORE than just satisfy your hunger, they actually fight for you to improve your health.
So, which foods are considered superfoods? They’re hearty whole grains, legumes and colorful fruits and veggies (the more color – the more vitamins is a good rule to go by – eat the rainbow!)
Kale, berries, chia seeds, sweet potatoes, quinoa, and salmon are all part of the clan just to name a few. Colorful fruits like blueberries and watermelon also make the list, as well as almonds , pumpkins and cranberries. And how could we forget eggs, cauliflower, garlic and ginger. There’s so many ways to incorporate superfoods into your diet, you’ll find them full of flavor.
Here are 19 superfood-focused recipes that are sure to get you drooling and incorporating these powerhouse foods into your diet!
1. Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers from FitFluential
2. Overnight Oats with Chia from FitFluential
3. Superfood Blueberry Smoothie from Nutritious Eats
4. Skinny Broccoli Salad from FitFluential
5. Sugar Free Watermelon Sorbet from FitFluential
6. Easy and kid friendly Beet Recipes
7. Low Carb Kale Frittata from Nutritious Eats
8. Sweet Potato Pie on Maple Quinoa Crust via Nosh and Nourish
9. Spinach Feta Egg Wrap via Nutritious Eats
10. This recipe includes MULTIPLE superfoods: black bean, quinoa & sweet potato kale wraps from Heather Waxman
11. Chia & Quinoa Sliders from NOW Foods
12. Chia Pudding from Purely Twins
13. Homemade Energy Bars via Spirituality and Health
14. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie via FitFluential
15. Gluten Free Flourless Brownies with superfood black beans from Nutritious Eats
16. Grapefruit Pomegranate Superfood Smoothie via Healthy Bistro
17. Kale Chips via FitFluential
18. Superfood Detox Salad via Fit Foodie Finds
19. Paleo Flourless Chocolate Cake via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen