HEALTH INFORMATION: The advice provided on the FitFluential.com does not replace the information of a trained health professional. If, at any time, information is being provided by a healthcare professional or certified personal trainer, it is for informational purposes. Exercise and the use of equipment are potentially hazardous activities and you are voluntarily participating at your own risk. Information on diet and nutrition should be discussed with a certified professional prior to implementation.
Any application of the information set forth in this website from FitFluential LLC is at the reader’s discretion and sole risk. The information offered is intended for people in good health. Anyone with medical problems of any nature should see and consult a doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Even if you have no known health problems, it is advisable to consult your doctor(s) before making major changes in your lifestyle. The material contained on FitFluential.com is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
Tips for getting started in exercise:
- Consult your doctor or a medical professional before embarking on any exercise program. Get a doctor’s note of approval if necessary.
- Always complete a thorough warm up prior to exercising.
- Always complete a thorough cool down and stretch series after a workout.
- Start slow with a beginner workout. Advance to intermediate workouts only when you have an understanding of proper form and are comfortable with these techniques.
- Use appropriate weights. On many exercises, you can use no weights until you build up your threshold of fitness.
- Wear proper attire for the exercise.
- Wear stable and supportive shoes. Many running stores will perform a gait analysis and assist you in choosing the proper shoe.
- Modify advanced movements as necessary. I.e., performing push ups on the knees.
- If at any point you feel severe pain or discomfort or can’t breathe, cool down immediately and revisit a medical professional.
- Ask a health professional like a certified personal trainer to assist you in understanding proper form and technique on any and all movements.