I’m about to say something controversial:
I love packing.
For some people it’s the worst part of traveling, but I enjoy it… probably more than is normal. There’s something so satisfying about fitting everything you need into each neatly folded space, especially when you know you’ve successfully packed for a healthy trip!
Healthy travel might be a new idea for you, as traveling is usually associated with eating out, drinking by the pool, and using it as an excuse to skip your workouts. But with Sonesta hotels, we’re out to change all that! We’re encouraging you to travel healthy, and #TravelFit. And it all starts with what you put in your suitcase. Here’s what to pack for a healthy trip, and how these seven items can help you stick to your goals!
What To Pack:
- Workout clothes
- If you don’t pack workout clothes, you’re probably not going to work out. When you do have activewear packed, you’ll see it and use it!
- Real food snacks
- Mixed nuts, jerky, and dried fruit are all great choices for traveling. They don’t need to be refrigerated, they taste good, and they’re a much better choice than anything from that vending machine.
- Sleep mask/earplugs
- Sleep is a very important part of your health! Pack what you’ll need to ensure you get a good night’s sleep.
- Multivitamin/probiotic supplements
- Ever notice that you might get sick or a little, ahem, stopped up when you travel? Bring along your normal vitamins and supplements, and a probiotic to keep your gut happy.
- Resistance bands
- Even though Sonesta hotels have amazing hotel gyms, sometimes you’ll want to work out in the comfort of your own room. Bring resistance bands or ValSlides along for the trip!
- Shaker bottle
- Bring your own shaker bottle & protein powder supply – it’s one of the few things you can’t find easily when traveling!
- Workout ideas
- This might seem silly… after all, how can you “pack” an idea? But prior to traveling, you should at least have some ideas for workouts you can either do in your hotel room or in the hotel gym. If you try to make it up as you go, it likely won’t be as good (or you just won’t do it).
There you have it! The 7 things to pack for a healthy trip, and with these items on hand you’ll be far more likely to succeed! Travel is no excuse to take a break from going after your goals, unless your sole purpose is to get away and relax – and if that’s the case, enjoy!
Whether you’re looking to travel in health or indulge on vacation, Sonesta hotels provide the best service and experience you could possibly ask for. Book your stay today!