Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! Today, we’re discussing various articles supporting our previous discussions on why fat isn’t really “the bad ingredient,” why blocking blue light is essential for our health, and how not taking care of your mitochondria can lead to a whole roster of diseases. We even have an article that says trying to be vegan for 30 years is bad for your brain.
We’re also discussing how diabetes is now considered the third leading cause of death in the U.S. – something we’re sure a lot of people can relate to. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“If you start making some simple changes, the next changes will be easier.” Kelly Olexa
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Okinawans live long not because they’re vegetarians. It was found their diet consists mostly of pork and other meat such as goat meat. Some would even eat meat raw. This is mostly due to healthy fats.
- New apps allow your gadgets and phones to block the blue light or at least dim it to consider the time of day as well as to help support circadian health.
- Short-term results with vegan diets are great especially since you’re no longer eating processed foods.
- A 30-year study found vegans have higher rate of depression and certain cancers due to how it’s virtually impossible to stay on track as being vegan is a difficult diet to follow which causes some nutrient deficiencies.
- Cyanide targets mitochondria directly and shuts it off almost instantly which is why it’s so deadly.
- Mitochondria is like an engine in a car. If you don’t put the right fuel, it’s not going to work efficiently and eventually break down.
- Diabetes is connected to a lot of other diseases. Having diabetes is like riding a train that’s about to crash. Preventing diabetes from happening will help prevent other diseases associated with diabetes.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by Tender Grassfed Meat ? Eat Fat, Live Long?the Real Food of Okinawa
- Article by The State Press – Apple to introduce eye-strain reducing mode for Macbooks
- Article by Houston Leader ? Thirty Year Study of Vegans Finds Increased Rates of Mental Health Issues
- Article by Science Daily ? Mitochondrial dysfunction is the root cause of many diseases
- Article by Diabetes Daily – Study: Diabetes is the Third Leading Cause of Death in the US
- The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution book by Aviva Romm
- lux software
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.