Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’re discussing how processed or refined oils are really bad for you, how camping can help reset your circadian cycle, and why artificial light exposure and addiction is bound to be a problem, not just for you, but for the next generation.
We also discusses a study around cholesterol and why scientists agree it has virtually little to do with heart disease. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“If you mismatch your light and dark cycles, it’s problematic.“? Kevin Cottrell
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- A lot of the “heart healthy” vegetable oils in the supermarket are anything but healthy.
- Recent studies find these vegetable oils are much more toxic to the human body than sugar.
- Coconut oil and avocado oil is healthy. We have reservations about Olive oil as a lot of companies add other stuff that degrades the oil’s overall quality.
- Absence of technology, artificial light helps fix your circadian rhythm after a few days.
- Moderate sleep deprivation is tied to artificial light exposure.
- People struggle with being hungry at night mostly due to a broken leptin cycle.
- Cholesterol has nothing to do with why people suffer heart disease.
- People who linked heart disease to cholesterol used it as a sales pitch and a scare tactic for the statin industry.
- You need cholesterol for living a healthy life. It’s for walls of your arteries, creating vitamin D, and for melatonin.
- Artificially Reducing cholesterol will put you more at risk for diseases.
- This generation of kids will have a literal addiction to smartphones and tablets if parents don’t restrict their use. If not abated, kids might suffer withdrawal symptoms similar to what happens when smokers try to quit smoking.
- Kids today will have problems thriving once they get old enough. It might even be much worse than if you let them drink, smoke, or even do drugs instead.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by Express ? Dementia UPDATE: Vegetable oil putting MILLIONS at risk of degenerative brain disease
- Article by Napa Valley Register – Rejoice, weekend warriors: A few days of camping tunes up your circadian clock
- Article by Wellness Resources ? Nighttime Artificial Light Exposure Linked with Obesity and Hormone Changes
- Article by PubMed Health ? Study says there’s no link between cholesterol and heart disease
- Article by The New York Times – Screen Addiction Is Taking a Toll on Children
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.