Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’ve gathered articles all over the internet that provides the latest information in the world of health and fitness. These articles cover topics on the bad side of going alkaline, how some non-organic vegans or vegetarians are putting themselves at risk for hormonal issues, and how conventional medicine might be going back to its roots with UV light technology.
We also have articles that reinforce a few of the topics we discussed before such as the importance of timing your meals and how kids nowadays should get enough sleep regardless of whether they’re gifted or not. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“For all of you that say you don’t have time to eat, yeah you do. Figure it out. It’s not that difficult.“ Kelly Olexa
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Going alkaline might have drawbacks when it comes to causing excessive detox and fluctuating stomach acid levels.
- You have to let your body naturally balance its PH.
- Common garden products mimic melatonin which are bad news for your body’s melatonin receptors. Your receptors would end up being unable to respond to real melatonin and will cause an adverse reaction to your body’s biochemical processes.
- Vegans and or people who consume a lot of vegetables without checking for pesticide content are greatly at risk.
- Conventional medicine is now using UV light in some medical procedures and is now considered a potential alternative to chemotherapy. This is good news for people who are too weak to undergo chemotherapy.
- Eating on time or according to your circadian rhythm will cause you fewer issues and may even help speed up the process of fat loss.
- Eating in the wrong time can disrupt your hormones and can lead to health issues. Basically, eating later in the day is problematic.
- Conventional cattle are fed defective/expired candy to fatten them up for a long time and the government has been allowing this for a very long time.
- Conventional meat is a health problem for most people from a health perspective.
- Gifted children have a hard time calming/winding down and are so energetic that they may have trouble shutting down.
- Gifted or not, if your children are getting limited sleep they’re going to get health issues as they get older.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by Mercola ? Alkaline Water: If You Fall for This “Water Fad” You Could Do Some Major Damage
- Article by University at Buffalo – Common insecticides mimic melatonin, creating higher potential risk for diabetes and metabolic diseases
- Article by Tech Times ? New Cancer Therapy Method: Ultraviolet Light May Soon Replace Chemotherapy
- Article by Huffington Post ? Chrono-nutrition: Why When You Eat is as Important as What You Eat
- Article by EATER – Why Are Cows in Wisconsin Feasting on Skittles?
- Article by Very Well – Do Gifted Children Need Less Sleep Than Their Peers?
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.