Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! Our articles for today are on the topics of why technology/gadget use as a medium for learning are basically more harmful than helpful, how the time of day you eat will greatly affect your metabolic rate, and the harmful effects of chronic sleep deprivation on the body. We also tackle the issue with Hugh Jackman’s skin cancer and why we think sunlight has little to do with why he got it in the first place.
We will also discuss a blog by one of our recent guests on the topic of applying the concept of less is more in exercise and fat loss. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“Don’t emulate what you see in the nonsense on social media done by professionals or paid athletes.” Kevin Cottrell
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- People think just because it’s technology, it’s better.
- Steve Jobs restricted use of technology in his home.
- No benefit to introducing technology at school, it can also reduce results based on attention span and other bad habits.
- If you consume food after sunset, it can reverse your progress and can be problematic.
- The more out of whack your hormones are, the harder it is to adjust your diet.
- Having an extreme mindset is dangerous to the body.
- Having poor sleep hygiene, and sleeping inconsistencies will make the body have no idea when it should go to sleep.
- We assume stress is good from a workout but it’s only good when it’s done properly. More is better doesn’t work even if it’s exercise.
- Dial it back to the bare minimum and gradually increase it if you find you can tolerate it more.
- Endorphins masks the stress your body actually feels which is why people don’t know they’re over exercising.
- Not using sunscreen was perhaps only a tiny factor in Hugh Jackman’s skin cancer issue. It was probably more about his lifestyle as an active Hollywood actor which involves plenty of blue light exposure and lack of sleep.
- There’s a lot of money to be made in scaring people into thinking they need sunscreen.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by The Guardian ? Tablets out, imagination in: the schools that shun technology
- Article by UAB News – Time-restricted feeding study shows promise in helping people shed body fat
- Article by Medical Daily – Lack Of Sleep Could Lead To Inflammatory Diseases Like Arthritis, Periodontis, And Even Cancer
- Article by Alex Fergus ? Why You Need To Do Less To Lose Fat
- Article by CNN ? Hugh Jackman reveals another skin cancer treatment
- FitFluential Deep Dive ? Using Fasting / Intermittent Fasting for Optimal Health, Wellness and Longevity with Dr. Jason Fung ? Part 1
- FitFluential Deep Dive ? Using Fasting / Intermittent Fasting for Optimal Health, Wellness and Longevity with Dr Jason Fung ? Part 2
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.