Dr. Chad Larson is a certified clinical nutritionist and certified strength and conditioning specialist. He practices integrative naturopathic medicine which largely treats patients based on conventional medicine strategies and tests, but the treatment is usually more on a holistic protocol.
Chad became passionate in fitness at a young age and even started training people when he was just 15 years old. When he was in college taking up medicine, he had a back injury which ended up being fixed by a chiropractor, a profession he didn’t know existed until that day. Unsurprisingly, Chad was amazed at how his pain was instantly relieved in just one session. He figured he wanted to use his own hands to fix people in a very short period of time so he ended up going to chiropractor school and became one himself.
Today, Chad gives his insight on leaky gut syndrome, what it’s about, what causes it, and shares why a simple headache can be caused by poor gut health.
” I like to make as many educated connections between the recommendations I’m making and the symptoms they’re experiencing.” Dr. Chad Larson
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Integrative medicine uses conventional medicine principles, but the treatment protocol is different.
- Naturopathic medical schools are based on diet and nutrition.
- Increased intestinal permeability or Leaky Gut s when things that don’t normally get past your intestinal walls can now pass through easily into your circulation.
- Leaky Gut can be a key gateway to inflammation and even autoimmunity.
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and other common over the counter medicine can cause leaky gut.
- Stress can cause leaky gut through elevated cortisol levels.
- Just four drinks of alcohol are enough to break down the gut barrier.
- Dysbiosis or the imbalance of good and bad bacteria can also cause leaky gut.
- People are often unaware of how important gut health is. Gastrointestinal function can have something to do with a person’s headache or other diseases.
- There is a wide collection of resources that indicate gluten as a toxic substance to some people.
- Everything in your body and your lifestyle is connected. Chronic illnesses are a sign that something’s wrong with your body so listen to it.
Connect with Dr. Chad Larson:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.