Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’ve gathered articles from all over the internet that provides the latest information in the world of health and fitness. We’ve found articles talking about some of the topics we discussed in previous episodes such as the connection between sleeplessness and aging and how it’s possible to actually slow the aging process.
We’ll also be talking about a few articles that go over topics that could tickle your fancy such as why butter is actually much, much better than margarine and how Silicon Valley sobering up. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“Find your own moderation, find out what works for you.” Kelly Olexa
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Insomnia is a chronic problem. Not the one that is stress induced and is usually relieved, but the kind of insomnia people get as they age.
- The older you get the more problematic insomnia becomes. Melatonin starts to decrease as you age.
- Chronic insomnia will raise risk for other diseases.
- Epigenetics have a large effect on diseases, you have the ability to not age at the same rate.
- You have an ability to change your health in the context of epigenetics.
- Saturated fats don’t raise your risk for heart disease.
- Fatty liver disease is not caused by cirrhosis and drinking.
- Insulin resistance is the main culprit for fatty liver. This happens when elevated levels of insulin pushes fat to your liver and your liver has a finite capacity.
- You can get fatty liver disease from your lifestyle, from excessive sugar consumption.
- If you can get the hustle and bustle crowd to prefer healthy drinks over alcoholic ones their performance goes up.
- Silicon Valley has adapted this “sober” trend and only time would tell how long before the rest of the world catches up.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by The New York Times ? Getting Older, Sleeping Less
- Article by Scientific American – Aging Is Reversible?at Least in Human Cells and Live Mice
- Article by The Telegraph ? Butter unlikely to harm health, but margarine could be deadly
- Article by Diet Doctor ? Insulin and Fatty Liver Disease
- Article by The Ozy – BOTTOMS DOWN! SILICON VALLEY SOBERS UP
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.