Welcome back to another episode of FitFluential Radio with your hosts, Kevin Cottrell and Kelly Olexa. This week, we’re discussing some of the most interesting articles around the web regarding your health, wellness, and fitness.
On today’s episode, we’re talking about how artificial sweeteners really affect your diet and weight-loss attempts, the effects of antibiotics on your mitochondria, the increased consumption of seafood in the U.S., and the benefits of Cold Thermogenesis. We’re also discussing how your brain reacts to sleep deprivation and the effects that your blood sugar levels can have on your brain and overall long-term memory.
“If dairy cows are pumped full of antibiotics; you’re taking antibiotics.” Kelly Olexa
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Research has discovered that artificial sweeteners increase your appetite ? causing you to eat more, not less.
- Which antibiotic classes are most disruptive to your mitochondrial health and how they affect your psychiatric health.
- With a few exceptions, the general rule when eating fish is ? the smaller the fish, the better you are.
- The connection between cold temperatures, weight loss, insulin sensitivity, and blood sugar regulation.
- The number one day when the highest rate for vehicle accidents occur in the United States is during Daylight Savings Time.
- Chronically elevated blood sugar is the precursor for dementia and memory loss.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Science Daily: Why artificial sweeteners can increase appetite
- Medical Science Monitor: Antibiotics May Trigger Mitochondrial Dysfunction Inducing Psychiatric Disorders
- Mercola: US Seafood Consumption Is Up, but Many Are Still Making Unhealthy Purchasing Choices
- Science Magazine Blog: Cold Temperatures May Help Shed Pounds
- AAA Blog: Acute Sleep Deprivation and Crash Risk
- NPR Blog: Aging Well: Keeping Blood Sugar Low May Protect Memory
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.