Patricia Cashion is a wellness chef known for her recipes aimed specifically to maximize nutrition without sacrificing taste. She’s a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu and started her career catering for big groups while also working on integrative medicine with Amy Myers and healed patients through her recipes.
On top of her amazing chef skills, she’s also an author of an amazing Paleo-Ketogenic cookbook called Shoot For Healthy which contains 178 recipes centered around clean-ingredient nutrition.
Today, Patricia tells us all about her inspiration for doing what she does, her workaround for people who want to start a healthy diet but can’t let go of comfort food, and her thoughts on why a ketogenic diet, or any diet for that matter, isn’t supposed to be boring or torture.
“It’s about learning what foods work for you.” Patricia Cashion
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- She learned about the Paleo diet through Loren Cordain’s book years back. She’s always had an interest in fitness but realized she had a void in proper nutrition.
- She likes the Paleo diet because it’s real food and it differentiated food that caused the body harm or promoted inflammation.
- You don’t starve yourself in a ketogenic diet. You reduce carbs and replace it with fat.
- The ketogenic diet is one of the most flexible diets and can be cycled or done seasonally.
- In her cookbook, not only does she list what’s good and what’s not, but also explains why ingredients are good and bad for you.
- Her cookbook also provides different methods of cooking food without affecting overall nutrient retention.
- She’s an advocate of eating foods that your body responds to properly.
- Most common reason people don’t commit to a healthy diet is because they like comfort food. Patricia was able to make recipes that help transition people into a healthy diet and make it seem like the food they eat is comfort food.
- A perfect, purist diet may work for one person, but it may not work for someone else.
Connect with Patricia Cashion:
Shoot for Healthy WEBSITE
FitFluential $5.00 off Coupon ? FIT2017 (no limit, no expiration)
Shoot for Healthy cookbook (Print book)
Shoot for Healthy cookbook (Abridged Kindle Version, recipes only)
Planting Seeds Blog, Shoot for Healthy
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.