Dr. Jack Kruse is a neurosurgeon and the owner of Optimized Life, a company focused on helping people get their life back from the burdens of healthcare by way of living a healthy lifestyle. He is also what you may call a quantum clinician, someone who looks at health beyond the cellular level.
Today, Jack tells us his thoughts on the effects of light on our mitochondrial health, his opinions on emerging health gurus, and why he thinks the human body have similar functions to plants and we should capitalize on it.
“We’re only as good as what we’ve been taught and unfortunately what we’ve been taught is a half-truth.” Dr. Jack Kruse
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The basis of the food web is photosynthesis.
- Light is what controls photosynthesis.
- Most progressive practitioners rely heavily on supplementation.
- Health is an n = 1 game, tied to how your mitochondria works with the light frequencies on the four surfaces of your body: eye, gut, lungs, skin.
- A supplement can make you worse depending on the state of your mitochondrial health.
- Most health gurus don’t understand mitochondrial health.
- There’s a connection between chlorophyll, hemoglobin, and mitochondrial function.
- Solar blue light isn’t as bad as artificial blue light but there has to be context.
- Cancer happens to be the biggest deficit of energy from the mitochondria.
- Myopia and other eye diseases exists because they are manifestations of leptin resistance in the eyeball level.
- You can’t supplement the sun; the body is designed to make vitamin D from the UV rays from sunlight.
- It’s better to be energy efficient on the motor side than the fuel side. A good fuel efficient engine doesn’t need a tremendous fuel source to work. That’s how our cells work, designed to maximize mitochondrial function.
- The best teachers in the world are those who show you the data but don’t tell you what to see.
Connect with Dr. Jack Kruse:
Mentioned in this episode
- Epi-Paleo Rx: The Prescription for Disease Reversal and Optimal Health book by Dr. Jack Kruse
- The Quantlet
- Doug Wallace
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.