Matt Taub is an international fitness presenter, Beachbody Live master trainer, Fitfluential Ambassador, husband, and father of three boys with a serious passion for helping others live to their full potential by creating healthy habits in their daily lives. Matt entered college as a borderline underweight freshman, but by the time he graduated, he was considered very overweight. Following college, he entered the workforce in the public relations industry ? which he hated ? and his health continued to deteriorate significantly as he started several bad habits and addictions, including smoking and drinking.
In part two of our interview with Matt, we “get real” on what his life was like while struggling with addiction, what the motivating factor was to make him want to change his life and become healthier, and how he and his wife Felicia maintain a healthy balance while “keeping it real” and raising their boys to be active, fit, and healthy.
“You want to train your body to thrive ? not just survive.” Matt Taub
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Matt and Alecia balance fitness and health for their children while still allowing them to have “fun foods” like ice cream, cake, and cookies.
- The importance of keeping kids healthy, fit, and active.
- The overwhelming tendency in today’s youth with less activity, frequent convenience foods, and massive use of technology devices.
- The physical effects and posture changes associated with kids using technology devices too much.
- The importance of getting kids active, disconnecting them from technology devices, and eating healthier so their bodies can thrive.
- How parents can talk to their kids about making healthy lifestyle choices.
- The moment Matt realized he needed to end his addiction to alcohol.
- How his life changed after he beat his addiction.
- Why he believes recognizing your addictive behavior patterns and discovering why you do them can help beat your addiction.
- Kids are going to be kids. They may protest, but they will eat what’s in front of them. We have to give kids a balance in order to keep them fit and help their bodies thrive instead of just survive.
- The biggest thing about beating addiction is that there is a reason why you are doing it. Find out the “why,” then find someone to help keep you accountable to staying on track with your recovery process.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Huffington Post article: Living IN the Reaction: Self-Medicating and Learning to Live Before the Reaction by Matthew Taub and Felicia Taub
Connect with Matt Taub:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire?
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the?FitFluential?Radio Show on?iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.?