Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’ll be talking about recently published and interesting articles concerning our health and wellness. As always, some of these articles will sound controversial or even downright silly but rest assured none of these articles were written or interpreted subjectively. We make sure these articles were all written and submitted from an empirical and quantifiable standpoint to provide our listeners with nothing but facts.
This week, we’ll be talking about the effects of light on our sleep, vitamin D intake, and how people’s deep obsession with technology such as smartphones and other innovations can spell trouble for future generations. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“We’re on a track for a potential extinction event.” ? Kevin Cottrell
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Science has confirmed using phones in bed causes sleep disruption. If not averted, it could lead to side effects associated with chronic lack of sleep or insomnia, some of which can end up becoming fatal.
- People get nothing from vitamin D supplements. Best source of vitamin D will always be sunlight.
- If sunlight is scarce or you lack exposure, you can get vitamin D from food such as pastured eggs, oily wild caught fish, and grass-fed meat. You should do what it takes to get sun exposure even if it’s cold outside.
- Age-related illnesses are no longer exclusive to old people. Young people suffer from type 2 diabetes, chronic neck and back pain, and even dementia due to a sedentary lifestyle particularly brought upon by excessive phone or tablet use.
- Clocks inside your body are all aligned. If they are disrupted or misaligned, it’s usually due to light especially light from devices.
- We are wired to be optimally efficient in the morning and slow down by night time.
- A damaged DNA is literally inherited by the woman’s offspring.
- Technology disrupts reproduction and capability to pass on healthy DNA
- Young people are worse in health not just because of smartphone use but because their mothers had damaged DNA.
- Alzheimer’s disease can be reversed and is considered “Type 3 Diabetes”
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by CNN – Your smartphone may be hurting your sleep
- Article by STUFF – New research suggests most people gain nothing from vitamin D supplements
- Article by INDEPENDENT ? More young people contracting ‘old-age’ conditions including varicose veins due to sedentary lifestyles
- Article by The Conversation ? Understanding the genes that make our circadian clocks tick
- Article by Medscape – Low Vitamin B12 and Leptin: Link to Metabolic Risk in Next Generation?
- Article by The CARB Syndrome Project – Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.