Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’ll discuss various health and wellness articles that could influence the way you live your life. We’ll be focusing on topics about how our body detoxifies and heals itself, the root cause of the obesity epidemic in the US, and why scientists say sitting for hours is worse than cigarette smoking.
We’ll also be touching on the effects of light therapy on people with dementia, why red meat has been excessively vilified, and why we think the healthcare industry will screw around with your health. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“The best thing you can do for your health and longevity is to stay the heck out of the system.” Kevin Cottrell
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- Autophagy is the process of how the body avoids keeping bad cells which prevents chronic inflammation, avoids cancer, and other illnesses.
- Activating Autophagy involves exercise but not massive chronic cardio. Intermittent fasting also turns it on.
- The “calorie in, calorie out” mindset has to stop.
- Obesity is a lifestyle choice so don’t let people say you don’t have the willpower.
- Alzheimer’s is what happens when you your brain has insulin resistance after having Type 2 Diabetes for a long time. It later becomes what we call “Type 3 Diabetes.”
- Most Alzheimer’s patients have chronic sleep issues.
- All of the studies about sitting vs standing suggests this is worse than cigarette smoking. Standup desks are a great way to curb this problem.
- One of the best sources of nutrients is red meat or grass-fed meat. Red meat is unnecessary vilified.
- Locally sourced, high quality meat is good, processed is bad.
- There’s a shortage of physicians in the U.S. mainly because of how the system makes it hard for physicians to stay in practice.
- If you don’t take control of making lifestyle choices and good choices and you enter the healthcare system, your biggest risk is with this massive shortage.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by Mercola – Autophagy ? How Your Body Detoxifies and Repairs Itself
- Article by The New York Times – Americans Blame Obesity on Willpower, Despite Evidence It’s Genetic
- Article by Sign of the Times ? Light therapy alleviates Alzheimer’s symptoms
- Article by Mercola ? Improving Your Health by Ditching Desks and Chairs
- Article by Science Direct ? Red meats: Time for a paradigm shift in dietary advice
- Article by Huffington Post – The Alienation Of America’s Best Doctors
- Mind Over Back Pain: A Radically New Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Back Pain book by John Sarno
- Stand Desks
- Butcher Box
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.