Welcome back to FitFluential Radio! On today’s episode, we’ll discuss articles about how life expectancy in the U.S. is dropping for the first time in over 10 years, sleep disruption and how it can affect a child’s behavior, and how some corporations are intentionally making GMO’s look good in their unbiased surveys.
We’ll also discuss an article about lab-made meat and why your great, great grandmother might have had a hand in your current health status. If you have any comments or questions on any of the topics discussed in this episode, feel free to leave them below!
“Start thinking differently for yourself; it matters.” Kelly Olexa
This Week in Health and Wellness:
- For the first time since 1993, life expectancy in the US has gone down.
- This might be due to technology being too invasive in recent years and how our circadian biology is being violated.
- A study said the most influential factor in sleep disruption is light particularly in kids.
- Technology is having a huge effect on the mental health side and it all starts with sleep.
- Disrupted sleep might cause behavioral issues over time in children.
- Some surveys about GMO provide a false narrative to make the issue not as important and m makes the populace more in support of GMO.
- Tyson is working on meat strictly grown in the lab.
- Meat needs to be from an actual cow and raised in the right environment.
- The body is not designed to process lab meat.
- Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is 100% passed on from the mother.
- Your grandmother’s grandmother influenced your mtDNA.
- If the mtDNA’s quality degrades with each generation, chances are the latest recipient would have the short end of the stick regardless of whether they’re living a healthy lifestyle or not.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Article by NPR ? Life Expectancy In U.S. Drops For First Time In Decades, Report Finds
- Article by Science Direct – Bedtime and evening light exposure influence circadian timing in preschool-age children: A field study
- Article by Food & Water Watch ? New GMO Survey Misleads
- Article by Futurism ? Lab-Grown Meat: Tyson is Making a Massive Investment in a Meatless Future
- Article by Discover – Grandma’s Experiences Leave a Mark on Your Genes
- Dough Wallace
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day, we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.