Jason is a book author, speaker, and entrepreneur. He has a business that revolves around contaminated land consultations in Australia, the type of business inspired by his love for nature. He’s also an advocate of living as close to nature as possible since he himself experienced the result of a decade of not going outside as often as possible and getting natural sleep.
Today Jason will tell us about his thoughts on mitochondrial health, why he thinks the mitochondria is a software, his opinions on blue light and electromagnetic frequencies, and why he likes to go barefoot outside.
“The mitochondrial DNA is the energy, the battery cell for the body.” Jason Smith
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- When Jason learned about mitochondrial health, he found out there were two types of DNA: Double Helix and the Mitochondrial DNA.
- We get the mitochondrial DNA from our mother, which is our link back to nature.
- Mitochondrial DNA is like software. We don’t throw it away if it crashes, we change it or in our case, fix it.
- One of the biggest contributors of diseases today is blue light.
- We need the UV rays in our eyes specially since eyes aren’t just cameras but clocks as well.
- If we get the software (mitochondria) right, the hardware (our body) will be fine.
- It’s good to walk barefoot outside. It’s called grounding and humans were designed to absorb energy from the Earth.
- Stop wearing sunglasses when you’re outside. Wear them only when you know you’ll get overexposure such as when you’re on a boat.
- Sleep in a room so dark you can’t see your hands.
- Stop using digital alarm clocks as they produce EMFs like your phone.
- Even magnetic fields from power grids are bad for us.
- Turn the Wi-Fi off when you’re sleeping because it causes disruption during the recovery process.
- People nowadays are addicted to technology and indoor living.
- As soon as you wake up, get some sun even if it’s cloudy or cold outside.
- The good EMF is nature and the bad EMF is technology. We need to get as much good EMF as possible and leave out the bad EMF.
- The sun, the earth, the body, we are linked. We need to appreciate that and to understand outdoor living is important in the modern world.
Connect with Jason Smith:
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.